The other day I bought a ready-cooked whole rotisserie chicken, however the chicken breast was way too dry. I really didn’t want to make a salad and pour loads of dressing on top, as it defeats the whole objective of being healthy. Therefore I made a spicy, red Thai ramen that made the chicken succulent.
The best thing is,you don’t need to only use breast meat, you can use any part of the chicken, especially if you have left overs from your Sunday dinner.
Leftover Chicken Red Thai Ramen
Serves 4 (as a small snack)
- 2 leftover cooked chicken breasts- shredded
- 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 sweet potato with skin removed, chop into 1.5cm x 1.5cm cubes
- 1 red bell-peppers, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup red Thai curry paste – I used Blue Dragon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock – made with 1 stock cube and 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 dessertspoon of demerara brown sugar
- 1 pack of Golden Wonder normous instant , discard seasoning pack
- KP spicy jumbo peanuts, chopped, for serving
- Wedge of lime, for serving
- Add the chicken, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sweet potatoes, red peppers, curry paste, smoked paprika, coconut milk, chicken stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, peanut butter and brown sugar to a pot. Cover and cook for 30 minutes on a medium gas,until the potatoes are cooked. Remember to keep stirring
- When the above is cooked, cook the ramen noodles separately, following instructions on the package .
- Place a small handful of noodles in your bowl, ladle the aromatic soup on top, then add chopped peanuts, lime wedge & ginger slices.
The best aspect of this dish is you can omit the noodles and eat it as a soup or add courgetti instead of the noodles.
How do you like your ramen? Why don’t you try this when you have left over chicken from you Sunday dinner and tell me what you think? I would love to see your comments below. Please like and share.
Enjoy the weekend.